Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Parental Care Ministry

I'm so excited for the opportunity to partner with the beautiful Abbie from Five Days ... 5 ways in raising awareness as well as prayer and financial support for Parental Care Ministries. She and her family have supported the ministry for nearly 2 years now and are now supporting a 2nd child with the help of her blog supporters. Abbie is a beautiful, sincere, funny, frugalistic fantastic thrifter, God fearing, family oriented young momma of 3 young children with twin girls soon to make their grand appearance. I have been an avid follower for a period of time now. When Abbie gets serious on her blog (she's a comedian for reals folks) it is as if she speaks directly to me and encourages me in ways words can't describe. She is kind, genuine and humble. She and her hubby's love story is like no other! I know with full confidence that if distance weren't a factor we would be fast friends!
Abbie recently hosted a "silent" auction on her blog with 100% of the proceeds going toward the support of this sweet girl.
Meet 12 year old Sarah Birungi.
She is not an orphan (praise Jesus!), but her parents are poor farmers who can’t supply all her needs. In her own words, she loves to study. Her favorite subject is math. She is thankful for God’s protection. Her favorite Bible verses come from Proverbs 1-7. And she wants to be a teacher when she grows up.
Isn't she adorable?
With that being said I knew I wanted to come alongside Abbie and support this ministry if even in a small way. So how did I do that? I bid on and won these beautiful earrings. My donation will support Sarah Birungi for one month.
Lovely Green and Mint Double Drop Earrings which were donated to the auction by  Hilary of Accessory Dash 
How will my family and I continue to support Sarah?
By praying for her. I have printed her picture and have it displayed in our home. I have encouraged our kids to remember Sarah in their prayers and they are each working to save up their GIVE money (earned through a responsibility station we have just implemented) in Sarah's name to PCM. 
How can YOU  help? 
By partnering in prayer;
By financially supporting PCM through the monthly support of a child;
By visiting Abbie's blog and "Shop My Closet" where 25% of all proceeds go directly to the ministry;
By contributing any monetary amount to Sarah’s monthly support by e-mailing Abbie directly via the E-mail Abbie button on her blog

Parental Care Ministries exists to help poor and orphaned children of Uganda by meeting their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs in the context of Christian schools. They equip 40+ pastors to spread the Gospel throughout Uganda.  
Isaiah 61: 1 "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because  the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor.  He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and freedom to the prisoners. 

1 comment:

Abbie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.