Search This Blog

Friday, August 14, 2009

Skate City

Wednesday morning we met up with several other at Skate City in Overland Park for their morning kids skate session (9:30Am - 11:00AM).


I am the crazy mom who allowed the young man at the front door talk me into letting Dawson join in on the fun skating. His exact words were "How old is your little guy?" When I answered not quite two he responded "Awh! Let him give it a try." Well, he tried and conquered.

They take a short five minute rest period where the kids are offered a snack and small fountain drink or water. I like this picture because it captures Gabrielle's sweet side. And believe me when I say we have been dealing with an unfamiliar devilish side of her lately. I have jokingly said she is bipolar. She flips on a dime. Has anyone else experienced this with their girls? I will take the sweet Gabi anyday!

Here are my two in action.

Gabrielle getting her grove on during a dance song (they played Going on a Bear Hunt, the Chicken Dance, Hokey Pokey & others).

This picture wins my vote for favorite of the day.
No reason other than it makes me smile.

4 comments:

Mo said...

Dawson looks so cute with his skates. They almost go up to his knees. I would have been really impressed though if I'd have seen a picture of you with skates on.

Megan said...

The Skate City program is great. I took Grace there when she was close to 5, and she had a blast. That was the place to be for school skating parties back in the day :) Looks like your kids had a blast-good for Dawson skating too!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you and the kids have been busy - or I'm just really behind on checking the blog. I love the skate pictures. I love to skate! Ethan has been once - to a birthday party. I'm hoping to get him skating soon.

Anonymous said...

Dawson is so cute in his "2 sizes too big" shoes! love it!
And about the bipolar thing..uh yeah...you haven't seen us in a while..Tatum has resorted back to the terrible two's and has been throwing tantrums on the floor now. Over NOTHING! I'm like, "what in the world is going on!! good grief!"
LOL
Love ya
me'