Search This Blog

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Swim Lessons

After a little arm twisting I successfully convinced Travis that swim lessons were in order this year for Ms. Gabs. It was an easy choice where and with whom I wanted her to take them. Megan (who happens to be the daughter of one of my college professors from Nebraska Christian College) lives just around the corner from us and teaches private lessons at the neighborhood pool. She suggests partnering up with a "swim buddy" for lessons. Gabrielle and Kamryn enjoyed their time in the water with Ms. Megan. It never ceases to amaze me how kids will listen intently and follow instructions from someone other than their perspective guardian. I was intrigued at how much both girls trusted Megan. They each had their own strengths - Kamryn is a strong swimmer on her tummy and Gabrielle is a strong back swimmer. I look forward to starting earlier in the season next year and having the girls expand their swim techniques. All in all it was a terrific experience and money well spent!!

No comments: