Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Springfield

This past weekend we went to Springfield for a multitude of celebrations. Saturday was my mother-in-law's 70th birthday (yes Phyllis I did just say 70!!). Saturday evening Travis's oldest sister Pam & her husband Brad hosted the family for a BBQ. The burgers were delicious, the baked macaroni & cheese divine and the ice cream dessert was absolutely to die for. I can't wait to make the recipe myself in the near future. We had planned to take the kids to the Springfield zoo on Saturday in celebration of Dawson's birthday but the never ending rain kept us indoors. We enjoyed a quiet morning in opening presents and visiting. Sunday morning we attended Hamlin Baptist church where Travis's uncle Gary is the interim preacher. I don't know that I could ever tire of listening to Gary preach. He is a gifted speaker and gave an amazing message. It was a special Sunday service as Phyllis was baptized - rededicating her life to Christ. Sunday would have also been Travis's parents 52nd wedding anniversary. Busy weekend of celebrating!

Dawson examining his gift determining the best way to tackle opening it.

Dawson practicing patience while Travis removes the ridiculous amount of wire attached to toys to prevent anyone from stealing them.

My two handsome boys - I love little D's smile :0)

Aunt Shari, Travis, GG & Dawson

The kids enjoying Dawson's new Elmo music book.
Dawson's birthday pics soon to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CHRISTINE: 9/30/2009 WED.
Thank you for the lovely words about your week-end experience in Spfd. Most unexpected!!!! As always the pictures are all great. Gabi and I had a special few private minutes on Fri. nite She was going to teach GG how to pray. She is so precious, and Daw- son is very special to me. The memories are very special to me now, as I realize that life is too short and grandpa D has missed out. Love, GG XOXO