Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Birthday Blessings

With school back in full swing I am determined to dedicate a bit more time to keeping our family journal (aka blog) more up to date. In doing so I will be starting with "back log" so please bear with me as I document. As another mother put in words that ring true here as well "This is my story catcher, dream saver and family album." 

I am one blessed girl when it comes to girlfriends. I am a better wife, mother, friend and Christian because of these women. They encourage me, uplift me and enrich my life. They planned an entire day of fun in celebration of my 38th birthday.  They went above and beyond to show me love, share in laughter, and make me feel treasured and loved. 
Our morning began with a little beautification in the form of pedicures for Heather and Daina
and manicures for Rene and myself. 
Then it was off to breakfast and a morning cup of joe (an orange coolatta for this non coffee drinker) at Dunkin Donuts.

From there we made the 2 hour trek to quaint Jamesport, MO. We had lunch at the Country Cupboard Restaurant. The food was home cooked, filling and super yum. We then visited The Fabric Barn, the Amish country store H&M & Anna's bake shop {where Rene and I shared a delicious pastry that left you wishing for more} on the outskirts of town before touring the art & antique district. We made a few fun purchases & did a little wine tasting before stopping for fudge. We made a quick stop back into The Collection Wine and Gift Shop to purchase a couple bottles of savory wine before heading back to KC. 
Rene, Heather, Daina and myself 
After a wonderful day spent in Jamesport we all enjoyed our 1st dining experience at Blanc Burgers & Bottles. The atmosphere was loud and distracting (envision thee most loud, obnoxious fellow diner at the table directly next to us) but we laughed until I cried and devoured our scrumptious burgers leaving enough fries behind to feed the next party. Lesson learned one shopping basket full of fries goes a loooong way let alone two :) 
Lynelle, myself & Heather
We ogled window shopped at Anthropology then went to Forever XXI (much easier on the checkbook) before calling it a day.
I love these women and am so thankful to each of them for making this day a memorable one for me! Mwah!!!!

No comments: