Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

Meal Planning

I, like many, have a distaste for meal planning.
Can I get an AMEN?
I feel blessed to have a full pantry and freezer due to matching in store sales with coupon shopping, but when it comes to meal planning I often times find myself paralyzed. We have our tried and true meals that I prepare that I KNOW we enjoy and that will get eaten. I received a killer cookbook from my "2nd family" {the Morris's} back in September that has become my go to cookbook for new recipes. Some have been hits, others flops. The lasagna recipe I tried for example. COMPLETE flop. Ugh! I am awaiting an in home tutorial from my g'friend Kiersten.
So, I thought I would share my meal plans for the week and ask that each reader please share one of their favorite go to recipes. Please keep in mind I am the pickiest of eaters so nothing with peppers, olives, mushrooms, large chunk tomatoes or fish.

Swiss burgers & sides
Easy Chicken Bake & crescent rolls
Spaghetti & garlic bread
Roast & Potatoes with beer bread
And this is the new recipe I will try this week:

Enchilada-Zagna
2-3 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into small pieces
1 28 oz can mild red enchilada sauce
1 8 oz container sour cream
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 4 oz can diced green chiles, undrained
1 12 count package 7 inch corn tortillas

Combine enchilada sauce and sour cream in bowl. Combine evaporated milk, cheese & chiles in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Spread 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture on bottom of greased 9x13. Layer with 4 tortillas, 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture, 1 1/2 cups chicken, 1 cup cheese sauce; repeat layers one more time. Top with remaining tortillas, enchilada sauce mixture and cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool 10 minutes before serving.

Don't let me down blog readers.
Share the recipe love.

2 comments:

Mo said...

HASH BROWN HAM CASSEROLE
1 (16oz.) sour cream
32oz. frozen hash browns thawed
2c american cheese cubed
1/4c melted butter
1c shredded mozzerella cheese
1 can cr. of chicken soup
2-3c cubed cooked ham
onion to tase
3/4c rice krispies

Combine sour cream and soup. Stir in hashbrowns, ham, cheese and onion. Put in 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 1 hour on 350. Stir once during baking. combine cereal and melted butter. spread cereal and cheese on top and return to oven for 15 minutes uncovered.

I leave out the onions. Also makes a great side dish if you leave out the ham and add some extra hashbrowns. Hope you enjoy!
(If you need a good easy lasagna recipe ask Barbara Anne:)

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!! I will be making the enchiladas for myself!!! :) Brandi