Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2013

Simple Pleasures

Sometimes it's the little things in life - we'll call them simple pleasures - that bring us happiness.
Today as I sit with the back door wide open soaking up the 70˚ weather and listening to the birds chirp,  I'm reminded of this.
Two things I adore {quite possibly too much so} are Dr. Pepper and sweets. I'm a sucker for these Hershey's Simple Pleasures so when I scored several bags for $.50 a piece, you better believe I popped those babies in the freezer in my secret stash. 
This little stink eye is my current love affair.
She's full of sass and attitude at times, but I can't get enough of her!
See that mess of a home office in the picture above?
Well, I did something about it and it now looks like this.
I love my PB Daily System organizer but never really liked it mounted on the side wall where Travis installed it. A willing g'friend who isn't intimated by a power tool and 10 minutes later and I'm a happy girl. We also moved my printer from the butler's pantry area in the kitchen to the desk which I couldn't be more thrilled about. Running a cord to plug that sucker in each time I wanted to print something was a pain. 
Girlfriends!
I have become an ultimate homebody so when I made the split second decision to join my n'hood gal pals for drinks, their jaws nearly hit the table when I walked in. 
I like a clean house. This is no secret. But what I am finding the pleasure in is embracing the mess in the moment. Clean up can happen later :)
Treasuring each and every minute I get alone time with this girl. It isn't often we can sneak away without her shadow brother wanting to tag along, so when I can steal her for myself, I do it. On this particular day we ran to WalMart for a few items and took a detour in route home to see a 10'6" Jayhawk snowman. 
If you know me well, then you know our family and extended family all own dachshunds. I was searching for a birthday card for my mom to give one of her previous coworkers when I stumbled upon this card. 
Like I said, it's the simple things that bring happiness and this card makes me happy. 
(ps. I didn't buy it and I'm so mad at myself that I didn't)
What simple things bring you pleasure?
All photos taken with my iPhone

No comments: