Search This Blog

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Color Run

I participated in my first organized 5K on Saturday, June 1st. The Kansas City Color Run or also known as the happiest 5K on the planet! It was held at Arrowhead Stadium. 



I ran with Heather Buelow and Daina Skorbutanas (soon to be Mrs. Justin Buelow!). I am NOT a runner. Shoot, I rarely exercise in any fashion. Within minutes of finishing the race, pain took up residency in my left knee. Heather was also experiencing discomfort. Fast forward to Saturday night and that knee pain kept me up all.night.long. I may have any cursed it once. Within a couple of days the pain/discomfort was nearly gone when I took it upon myself to re-"injure" it running after Little Miss at Science City. It is now back to normal PTL and the lesson I took away is this. I am no longer a 20 something year old and this nearly 38 year old body of mine let me know that :) 
It was an incredibly fun morning spent with friends and a great way to give back to the community in a very small way. We had a delicious post race lunch at Cafe Gratitude {I'm SO looking forward to going back.} I will definitely sign up for next years Color Run and may even allow the munchkins to tag along for some happy color action! 

No comments: