Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving

Gabrielle had a school assignment which involved making a list of what happens when she spends time with her family and/or relatives. Her list included: Share our love; Hugs & Kisses; play games; have lots of FUN; play on the computer; & go on walks. Her 2nd assignment was to think about a time you are together with your relatives using her senses to recall memories. She was given the following prompts:
I see ... my brother outside
I smell ... a sencie burning (Scentsy wax burner)
I hear ... laghter and kissing noises (melt my heart)
I taste ... spagettie
I feel ... my grandma's clothes (she said "You know, Mema's clothes when we snuggle all the time)
{Gabi's phonetical  spelling of the words sencie, laghter & spagettie}

Dawson's art project from preschool was an adorable turkey that said "I am thankful for My Mom & Dad"
Photo taken Sunday November 18th while dining at Applebees
This Thanksgiving I am thankful for:
  • My MIL's contribution to our Thanksgiving meal and all the additional help she provided during her stay while I was under the weather
  • Black Friday shopping from home in my comfy clothes
  • An unexpected blessing from my brother and sister-in-law in Alabama
  • Costco's amazing pumpkin pie paired with Cool Whip
  • Our 3 beautiful children with their obnoxious playful behavior and all 
  • Beautiful Fall weather which has permitted the above aforementioned hooligan's to play many hours outdoors using their expansive creative imaginations to entertain themselves
  • The current topic sessions in my daily devotional readings which have been very enlightening, inspirational and impactful
  • Chick-fil-A Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshakes 
  • Hubs putting up the Christmas tree & outdoor lights while the girls (GG, Mema & I) went shopping
  • Our little people decorating the tree solo and doing a bang up job doing so - I mean this in the sense that they did indeed do a great job but also in the sense that they broke several ornaments in the process :(
We hosted Thanksgiving dinner here at our home. We enjoyed the traditional feast of turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls, Iowa corn, Snicker salad and pumpkin pie for dessert. It was delic'! The rest of the day entailed Christmas decorating and restfulness.

No comments: