Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Tardy Christmas Post

I just uploaded and viewed our Christmas pictures and I'm pretty sure I shed a tear or two. OK, not really but I am biting my lip at the less than stellar pictures from our Christmas morning. Kiddos, please know Christmas morning did indeed happen. I just don't have any decent pictures to prove it. Please forgive me. I'm sharing photos taken at Uncle Brett & Aunt Linda's from Friday night.
Gabi, I love your look of excitement as you opened your beloved Kanani American Girl doll.
You had wanted her since you spotted her in the display window at the mall. What girl wouldn't love her long, beautiful locks of hair? I truly wish we would have had you video taped while opening her. It was beyond cute! I think you had a pretty good idea what you were opening because you kept squealing "I hope it's Kanani, I hope it's Kanani. IT'S KANANI!!!!!"
Dawson, Papa and Mema added to your small but growing Lego collection. Playing with and building Lego's is your very favorite thing to do when you have one on one time with Daddy.
Sweet baby girl, you received your first baby doll made by Manhattan toy company named baby Stella doll Peach. You looked at her with admiration as Daddy took her out of the packaging and immediately cradled her in your arms. You like that she has a magnetic pacifier. I like that she is soft and completely washable.
And I had to throw this one in because you two are absolutely beautiful! Gabrielle, you and Paige had a long conversation about her American Girl doll collection and how she has all those things tucked away for when she has a little girl (Paige wants to name her Charlie) of her own. You can't wait to have a special date with Paigie to pull it all out of storage and spend hours playing with it all.
This picture was taken Christmas morning. Gabi, once again you were too cute with your words. You looked over the banister and shouted "Santa came! We made the nice list and the naughty list too. Santa brought us gifts but must have put coal in our stockings since we've been kind of naughty." You said this because as you can see your stockings are life size and they appeared "flat" (as you said) from upstairs so you assumed they were empty. 
I have decided to record what each of you got from here on out since I can't seem to remember from year to year. You each received three gifts + small stocking stuffers.
 Gabrielle:
Pottery Barn bunk beds for Kate & Kanani 
Praline & book (an AG kitten pet)
Your 1st "real" Bible
Dawson:
Imaginext Dragon Fortress
Razor scooter
Star Wars light saber
McKenna:
Melissa & Doug nesting and stacking blocks
Fisher Price Countin' Fun Piggy
B. Toys Alphaberry (today's baby Blackberry) 

You woke to your "big" gifts in front of the fireplace. Once the excitement had settled a bit you dove into your stockings before breakfast then it was off to church. Daddy & I couldn't believe how content you were when we arrived home because WE had to ask YOU in the early afternoon if you were ready to open the presents under the tree. You were so patient to take turns opening and admiring each others gifts. Terry & Barb sent special gifts for each of you which added to the fun and we saved your gifts from GG to open on Christmas morning as well. You munchkins are blessed to be so loved! 

1 comment:

Mo said...

Love the posts! Keep em coming. I'm always checking in :)