Search This Blog

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Holiday Express Train @ Union Station

My friend Monika gifted us reserve tickets to visit the Holiday Express Train at Union Station Friday afternoon the 20th. The train is led by KCS Southern Belle and includes the tank car Rudy, a flatcar carrying Santa's sleigh, reindeer and a miniature village, a gingerbread boxcar, the elves workshop, the reindeer stable and a little red caboose.
Union Station does not disappoint in its splendor at the Christmas season. I wished I had taken my DSLR to take some photos.
Awaiting to board
Aunt Shari took this family picture with her phone after we exited the Holiday Express Train. It was frigid outside so we made a mad dash back indoors as quickly as we could! If I had better prepared I would have had the kids in hats and gloves.
After leaving Union Station we stopped at Mi Ranchito for supper and margaritas (yum!). GG & Aunt Shari babysat while Daddy & I attended the 1st annual ugly sweater party at Mr. Seth's and Ms. Kiersten's house. When we arrived home late that night McKenna was tucked under GG's arm asleep on the couch :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish dad and I could have done this fun adventure with you - maybe next year!! Looks like so much fun. Mom