Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Melt

I really don't have words to describe the joy I feel looking back on this series of pictures.
Our church, Cedar Ridge Christian Church, hosts a Daddy Daughter dance biennially. This years theme was a spin off the ever so popular Disney movie Frozen which we simply titled Melt. Think frozen/winter turned spring. The planning team worked cohesively on theme, preparations, decor, food, set up and tear down which made for a very pleasant experience for all. 
My sweet friend gifted us McKenna's dress which I big puffy heart LOVE!
 I purchased Gabrielle's coordinating dress at JcPenney.
The matching hair bows were found at Children's Orchard.
The pictures below were taken with my DSLR and display a more true to life color of the
dresses. 
 
The girls had a fun time getting ready for the dance getting their hair done, putting on lipgloss & wearing fancy new gold shoes ...
And {overpriced} corsages of course!
It is times such as this that I am so thankful that God gave these two one another. 
Sisters. 
Although there is a six year age gap between them there is an undeniable bond they share. 
Hopefully one day they will call each other not only sister, but best friend. 
Thank you to Melissa McGee Photography for volunteering her talents and for the beautiful image above. 

1 comment:

GiGi said...

I love the picture of Travis with his daughters. I need it, too.