Today I celebrate my 33rd birthday and our 8th wedding anniversary. My day was made special by family and friends! I met up with some girlfriends for lunch at Chick-Fil-A. I was showered with some funny cards, an adorable cake amd a great smelling candle along with some scrapping goodies. Tonight my mom gifted her time to care for the kiddos so Travis and I could dine out. We over indulged ourselves on great food and a delicious shared shake for dessert. We capped the evening off with a nice walk around the neighborhood.
What have I learned about myself and my marraige over the past year?
1. I am my mother's daughter (I still have a problem saying no)
2. I have my Dad's temperament (short in the patience department ... I'm working on this one)
3. It is a challenge to remember to fill my mate's love tank at the end of the day after expending so much energy with my little ones
4. The toughest, most fiercely underpaid full-time position is being a stay at home momma - BUT, I wouldn't change my role for all the money in the world!
5. I have reestablished my love for reading however don't make enough time to do so on a regular basis
6. Travis continues to stick by my side even with my ugly behaviors, lack of make-up, unkept hair & unshaved legs! This MUST be love :0)
7. The cook book is slowly becoming my friend. It no longer just occupys shelf space collecting dust!
8. I am still me ... tender hearted & compassionate, a good listener & passionate about my family