Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2008

A day at the zoo

Hello! I am soooo behind on my posting and promise to do my best to catch up in short order. I will start with our trip to the Henry Dorley Zoo in Omaha, NE this past Thursday. For those of you who haven't been fortunate enough to visit the Omaha Zoo it is well worth a day trip. It is such a fantastic zoo. We couldn't have asked for better weather and the kids were so well behaved that day!! I will share just a few pictures (OK maybe more than a few) from the day.

A big thanks to Aunt Shari for the adorable coordinating outfits (minus Gabi's pants which are corduroy so a little too hot for the beautiful weather we have been having) The outfits were a gift when Dawson was born and we love them!! Super soft & comfortable.

This larger than life gorilla was definitely one of our favorite attractions.

He put on quite a show for us!

I like this sweet look on Gabrielle's face. She was our little tour guide taking charge of the zoo map and instructing us where we needed to go next. She made sure we didn't miss a thing!

My favorite attraction is probably the aquarium. I love the penguins and enjoy time in the under water tunnel. We spent quite a bit of time watching the whales & large turtles as well as the other creatures.

Dawson was in awe of the movement overhead!

We all need a house cat like this one - don't ya' think? All for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That gorilla picture is great!! That is a big boy!!
glad you guys had fun. I would like to go there sometime as a family trip as well.

Lisa said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun! I want to go there someday, everyone says that is a great zoo.
Love, Lisa