Valentine's Day is quickly approaching in a little less than two weeks. I am not a big decorator when it comes to the holidays but the kids love the extra splash of color and element of fun the decor adds to the house so I wanted to do a little something in the sake of the day in which we celebrate LOVE. I also wanted to do it on a dime so this is what I came up with on the cheap.
- Pinwheels crafted out of Target dollar spot paper attached to straws
- I repurposed an egg carton to make the heart which I attached to plain white cardstock and threw into a 12 x 12 frame which I had on hand
- Chipboard letters that I picked up for a buck (for all 4 letters) covered in designer paper which I had on hand
- The gold sequined hearts as well as the two I attached to the LOVE banner I picked up at the thrift store for $1.49
- The hand sewn paint chip hearts are from Gabrielle's 7th birthday party
- The only incidental expense was the red tool which I picked up at JoAnn's for $2.99. I made that stop on a whim and for the shame I didn't have a coupon on hand nor was their one available on their website so I paid full price. Ack!
- The only other V day decor items not pictured are a red feather heart wreath which is hanging on the front door which I picked up at a garage sale for $1 & a cute clip art that was a free online printable that I also put into an 8 1/2 x 11 frame that I dug up from storage
So for around $7.50 + taxes I added a little LOVE to our home!
Thank you Pinterest for the egg carton & paint chip inspo.