Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2014

10 Random Facts

I am NOT a fan of a these type of things but allowed myself to get lured in by my once little neighbor girl, Becky Holtkamp Thim on a recent Facebook game/poll. Apparently if you liked someone's status when they listed their random facts about themselves then you in turn were given a number and were to post random facts about yourself. See ... lured!
SO ... I was given the number 10. 
10 things you may not know about me. 
1. My brothers are my biggest fans, supporters, encouragers & rescuers. In my perfect world we would all live in the same city (Brett and I currently do although on opposite sides of the state line).
2. Even though I wasn't given sisters by birth, God has blessed me with 3. My two amazing sister in laws, Linda and Teri and my little sister from another mother Molly Morris Conlon.
3. I don't live in fear however am learning daily what it means to live to fear the Lord.
4. I worked in the Oncology profession for years never imagining cancer would affect my immediate family. My mother is now a 2 year breast cancer survivor.
5. I grew up in corn country (Iowa) yet have never detasseled corn (that I have memory of). I have scooped manure and milked a cow 
6. I long to serve on a missions trip but am paralyzed at knowing how it will grip/rip my heart and wreck me for His good.
7. I wear my heart on my sleeve and am a highly emotional individual. It is how God designed me. (see #6 above) 

** Ann Voskamp states  "Tears are never a sign of weakness. Tears are always the sign of an open heart."  **
8. I have an irrational fear of a certain small, green, 4 legged creature that goes ribbit. (Ignore #3 above in this instance)
9. I always thought I'd marry a country boy/cowboy as I dreamed of ranch life and a field of horses but I met and married my city boy 14 years ago!
10. I moved 13 times in a 16 year time span and hope to not have to move again for years to come unless it is to Alabama to live closer to brother #2.


Reading #10 makes my head spin. 13 times!! Doing the math doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me as I lived an extended length of time at several of these. 3 1/2 years, 2+ years, 1 year, 5 1/2 years
Expanding on those moves ... 

  1. I moved from my childhood home in Primghar, IA to Nebraska Christian College in Norfolk, NE
  2. From NCC to a 2nd level housing rental with a roommate Michelle 
  3. From apartment with Michelle to basement housing rental with Michelle and Marcy 
  4. From basement apartment to (at times) cockroach infested apartment with (wish I could recall her name)
  5. From cockroach infested apartment in Norfolk to Tulsa, OK in with Brett & Linda
  6. From B&L's to 2 bedroom apartment with Michaela, the daughter of my boss at the time 
  7. From 2 bedroom apartment to solo living in a VERY nice 1 bedroom apartment on South Peoria Avenue!!! This was an immense blessing for several years due in part to the amazing relationship I developed while working at the Children's Boutique in Utica Square and babysitting their only child, Christian. I was blessed to live in this apartment for 3 1/2 years if memory serves me correct.
  8. From my 1 bedroom apartment in with a previous neighbor from the apartment complex, Armando for a short 6 month period of time 
  9. From Armando's 3 bedroom home into Travis's 1st home (yah for marriage!) July 2000 - April 2001                                                                                                                   A little tidbit of info for our children years from now ... Daddy & Mommy's 1st home sold in a matter of 24 hours within being on the market           
  10. From Trav's/our adorable 3 bedroom brick ranch home in Owasso, OK into our 1st home purchased together in Bailey Ranch Estates, Owasso, OK also known as our forever dream home. It was perfect in every way!  April 2001 - May 2003                                             The 09-11 bombing directly impacted Travis's job at the time where his #1 account was American Airlines. Our home in Bailey Ranch sold within 3 days of listing. 
  11. From Olathe to Barrington Park Town Homes in Lenexa, KS from May 2003 - May 2004
  12. From town home living into our new construction split level home in Foxfield Village Subdivision in Olathe, KS from May 2004 - October 2009 We brought both Gabrielle and Dawson home to this home.                                                                                       Although we were confident this home would sell very quickly as FFV was a highly sought after neighborhood at the time, we sat on this home for months before the right buyer came along. Take note - do.not.buy.a.split.level.home! We told ourselves this BEFORE purchasing it however fell in love with the neighborhood and don't regret our decision for a second. 
  13. From Foxfield Village Subdivision to our current home in Stratton Oaks Subdivision in Olathe, KS in October 2009
What is something random about YOU that you are willing to share with me? I'd love if you left a comment sharing. 

No comments: