Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Spring!

What a God breathed day it was outside today! The weather was just beautiful & the sun was so warming to the soul. I am convinced that today was God's little pick me up that he had in store just for me. I had a day full of fulfillment (seems like a play on words). Gabi was off to school so it was just me and my little man today. My morning started out with Allyson taking some 6 month photos of baby D today and I am so excited to see how they turned out. She was a snot and said I needed to be patient and wait until she edited them before I could see them. Obviously she doesn't know I don't have a patient bone in my body. I am working on it, honestly. It has been numero uno on my prayer list as of lately. Patience in parenting, etc. After the photo shoot I ran a couple of errands and then decided to stop in at the Cancer Center to see my previous co-workers and friends. It was so great to reconnect with my old peeps. I got so many hugs and wonderful words about how handsome the baby is. I think I had 1/2 a dozen people ask me to come back to work. Totally worth the trip. One sad peace of information I found out today was that one of my fellow financial counselors, Cheryl, whom I shared an office with for a period of time was diagnosed with DCIS (ductal carcinoma in situ) of the mammary glands or in lamens terms breast cancer. She was diagnosed very early so was able to undergo two surgeries and is now receiving radiation therapy followed by oral hormonal therapy. Please keep her and her response to treatment in your prayers.
I came home late this afternoon and was greeted by Ms. Grumpy pants herself when she arrived home from school. She was demanding sugar, sugar & more sugar. After cooling down I took her to meet up with Allyson, Chase, Gage and Gunnar at the neighborhood park. The girls ran their legs off and fed off each others energy. They are so cute together...both with larger than life creative imaginations. After supper I took the kids for a long walk in the wagon. It was a great feeling knowing their love tanks were full when they headed off to bed. I promise to catch up with posting photos from the week tomorrow.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I searched for you yesterday to say hi and give hugs... but I guess you already left... you looked great! I guess staying at home with the bundles of joy really does do wonders!! Miss you!

Jennifer said...

that picture of gabby to the side of your blog is just too cute!!! i just wanted to let you know that i haven't read book 3 in that series yet, i'm going to have to give myself a break for awhile... but i LOVED the first 2 books- definately a must read!! but beware, you will not be able to put them down... i read the second book in one day (actually 11 hours... straight... i know, i know it's ridiculous--- no self control whatsoever!) take care and see you on Sunday...
love, jenn
ps. d's pictures on allyson's blog are adorable!!!!